CPAP Wipes and Other Cleaning Supplies: An 8-Step Guide
Maintaining the condition of your CPAP machine means cleaning it regularly, and when we’re in a pinch, it can become a hassle. Starting a weekly routine of thoroughly cleaning your device is essential and on all the other days, CPAP wipes can be your go-to.
Cleaning your CPAP mask and its components will make sure all the dirt and oils from the machine are properly cleaned out and airflow is not deterred. If not done well or at all, this can result in skin irritation or bacteria entering the machine.
CPAP wipes are an ideal daily solution in cleaning your CPAP mask. They make the job a whole lot easier by providing a way to remove oil and dirt for daily cleaning. Simply wiping the cushion and the mask after you wake up will ensure that it will be ready for that night’s use.
For the weekly cleaning, here is an 8-step guide on how to thoroughly clean your CPAP equipment:
- Remember to unplug your CPAP before starting. Never immerse the device in water, even if unplugged.
- Take apart all the mask components: detach the mask from the tubing, remove your headgear, and remove the tubes from the power outlet. After that, remove the humidifier and water chamber. Your CPAP user manual will be a good reference to properly disassemble your equipment.
- Wash each component individually using warm water and a mild soap or baby shampoo. Some use a mixture of water and vinegar to cleanse the equipment. Use a soft bristle brush for the rotating parts and the vent area.
- Wipe down the parts with a damp cloth, making sure to change the water every so often during the procedure.
- Soak the tubing, mask, and headgear in warm water, and allow them to soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Allow the parts to dry in a shaded area.
- Check if your filters need replacing or cleaning. For reusable filters, these can be cleaned and reassembled, and for disposable filters, these are replaced at least every month.
- When everything is dry, reassemble the components and your machine is clean and ready!
You can do this 8-step guide weekly to keep your CPAP machine and its components in tip-top shape. For daily maintenance, the CPAP wipes will be able to sanitize your headgear as needed. You can shop for your CPAP wipes and other cleaning supplies here.
Making a routine of cleaning your CPAP equipment will not only mean a clean machine but a more secure and hygienic machine for years to come. That will guarantee good sleep for sure!